Friday, October 5, 2007

Why Is this Song so Popular?

I'm for anyone getting their fame when the opportunity arises but just why is this song so popular?

Are we all under a spell or something? I don't get the Soulja Boy viral video and dance. I can't understand most of the lyrics and those that I can understand are not all that cool to repeat.

I hope the young man behind Soulja Boy, DeAndre Ramone Way, is being properly compensated because his song and dance are number one in the country. Soulja Boy was on The Jimmy Kimmel show Thursday night. I could only feel as the young man is being exploited. He may be "getting paid" but the concern for developing him as an artist and a human being was obviously lacking.

On the bright side, watching so many people enjoy dancing is fabulous. The group dances are especially pleasing because of the creativity, coordination and teamwork involved in the presentation. Go to You Tube to see what I mean.

on the black hand side Vanessa: Unplugged! Blogging Black Miami

No comments:

Subscribe to these blogs!


Myspace Maps